Four Academy at the Lakes 11th Graders earned the Furman Scholars Award: SeungJin Park, Jack Passero, Lauren Rabbottini, and Jillian Skairus. Each honoree received a certificate during morning meeting on Tuesday, April 18.
All nominees must be Juniors in High School and meet the following criteria:
- A genuine interest in an education in the liberal arts and sciences
- A high school weighted grade-point average of 3.5 or higher
- Significant involvement in extracurricular activities and community service
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- At least a 1300 on the SAT, a 1360 on the SAT-R, a 1360 on the PSAT, or a 29 on the ACT or Aspire (excluding writing)
Students who are selected as Furman Scholars are eligible to receive at least $20,000 in scholarships upon acceptance to Furman University.