Academy at the Lakes is happy to consider international students for admissions. Academy is an authorized user of the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and is authorized to issue a Form I-20 so that students may apply for a student visa to study in the United States.
All international students must first complete our standard admissions process. The following steps comprise our admissions process. Admission forms can be printed from the links (highlighted in blue) below.
1. Schedule an admission tour (if possible) by contacting the Admissions office by email or by phone.
3. Submit a $75.00 Application Fee with completed application.
4. Sign and give the Teacher Recommendation & Release of Student Records Form to your child’s current school. The school will mail this confidential recommendation directly to Academy at the Lakes.
• In addition to 2 years of transcripts, the student must provide documentation of the Grade Scale of the student’s previous school. An explanation, on school letterhead, in English, of what the score range is for an “A,” a “B,” a “C,” a “D,” and an “F,” or failing grade, is necessary so that an accurate GPA can be calculated.
Transcripts must be translated into English.
5. Testing: Students entering grades 7-12 are required to take the SSAT. Please visit www.sssat.org to review test sites (there are test sites worldwide) and upcoming test dates. Transcripts must be translated into English.
• We will accept the TOEFL Junior, TOEFL, PSAT or SAT in lieu of the SSAT.
6. Day of Visitation: Candidates will spend an entire school day shadowing one of our student ambassadors. If a visit is not possible, we will require a phone interview.
The Admission Committee meets weekly to review completed files. Enrollment Agreements are mailed with the acceptance packages. A reasonable amount of time is allowed for parents to return the signed enrollment agreement along with the full tuition and fees payment.
Once a student has been accepted to Academy at the Lakes, the following items must be received before we issue a Form I-20:
- Application for a Form I-20
- Copy of your child’s passport
- Statement & Affidavit of Financial Support and supporting documents
- Affidavit regarding Room and Board and supporting documents
- Signed Enrollment Agreement
- Tuition and Fees (paid in full)
Please refer to the How to Apply for your Form I-20 document and contact our office if you have any questions.
Click here for Visa Denial Refund Policy.
Associate Director of Admissions