At Academy at the Lakes, technology is more than just a tool – it is an increasingly important part of our lives. We believe in empowering our students to develop and demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in computers and other technology before they graduate from high school.
Technology Integration at Academy at the Lakes
- 1-to-1 computer community in grades 5-12
- Regular technology classes for students in grades PreK3 through 6
- All JK through grade 12 classrooms feature 60-inch interactive televisions for use during teaching lessons and student presentations
- Robotics class for students in grades 3-4
- School email addresses for all students in grades 5-12
- Competitive Lego Robotics team for students in grades 7-8
- Competitive STEM club for students in grades 9-12
- Array of technology electives offered in grades 7-12
- Moodle Learning Management System which creates virtual classroom for each teacher
- Student and parent access to RenWeb, including grades, assignments, and attendance records
- Student and faculty OneDrive accounts for online storage and access to Microsoft Office
- Access to more than 100,000 online books and periodicals online
- Access to Evernote, a tool to help students organize notes, photos, website links, and other content
- Continued expansion of electronic textbooks, including those with multimedia content
If you have any questions about Academy’s technology initiatives, please contact our Director of Technology, Steven Burnley at email@example.com or (813) 948-7600.
Read about our Laptop Requirement here.