Lower division students from PreK3 through 4th grade celebrated the many holiday traditions of our Academy community today during their annual holiday sing-a-long. The students shared what they had learned about the history and traditions of Christmas, Hanukkah, Eid Mubarek, Dewali, and Kwanzaa.
- Hannah Rakita, Elizabeth Hannah, Jack Samter spoke about the meaning of Hanukkah.
- Jad Rhazi and Haneen McNamee spoke about Eid Mubarek.
- Taylor Armstrong, Tristen Gittens, Annabelle Barrett, and Samantha Soriano spoke about Christmas.
- Neha Praseed, Viraj Desai, and Roshan Warman spoke about Dewali.
- Christopher Smith, Lily Sakaniwa, and Stefan Miller spoke about Kwanzaa.
The students sang many well known holiday songs – including a new rendition of The Twelve Days of Christmas (“Florida” style-including flamingos, alligators, and key lime pies). They also sang a new version of Siyahamba, a traditional South African song.
Below is a slide show of the student performances. Check our Academy YouTube Channel for videos.