The road to the District Tournament has officially begun and the Wildcats are hoping to add on to what has already been a record-setting season.
This year, the Wildcat Baseball team has made quite a name for themselves, breaking a number of school and state records. They have the most wins in school history and have broken every offensive statistical record, including scoring the most runs and Mercy Ruling six teams.
They have been ranked Honorable Mention in the Class 2A State Baseball Poll, were ranked 5thin Florida in the Class 2A in stolen bases, 4thin Florida in the Class 2A in pitching strikeouts, and 8thin Florida in Class 2A team batting average.
Along with their many team accomplishments, many individual Wildcats had an extremely productive season as well. Most notable were:
Eric Hutchison, Andrew Kilfoyl, Jordan Oladokun hit Over .400 and are all currently tied for the school record for hits in a season with 26.
- Joel Eason, Jack Teeter, Spencer Boynton hit over .350.
- Eric Hutchison had 28 runs scored, which is first in Class 2A District 5, 5th in the state of Florida, and most in Academy at the Lakes history.
- Andrew Kilfoyl hit 3 homeruns which put him 2nd in our district and tied for the most homeruns in school history.
- Spencer Boynton has 23 RBI’s which is 1st in the Class 2A District 5, 5th in the state of Florida, and the most in school history.
- Jordan Oladokun has 21 stolen bases which is 1st in Class 2A District 5.
- Eric Hutchison has 57 strikeouts and is 7th in the state of Florida for strikeouts.
Game one of the Regional Tournament will be Tuesday, May 1, against Victory Christian at 7pm in Lakeland at Southeastern University.