It really is about joy in the journey at Academy at the Lakes – even if that journey sometimes takes students thousands of miles away from campus.
The Florida Keys; the Virginia mountains; South America; Europe; New York City; Boston; San Francisco; Nashville: these are just some of the places Academy students have visited through the years.
These “Extended Trip” opportunities are an Academy tradition for Grades 5 through 12, and the trips give students the chance to learn, face challenges, and have fun outside of a traditional classroom setting.
Extended Trip Opportunities
- Tallahassee (5th & 6 Grades): Integrated learning with 5th & 6th Grade social studies curriculum
- St. Augustine (5th & 6th Grades): Integrated learning with 5th & 6th Grade social studies curriculum
- SeaCamp in the Florida Keys (7th Grade): Integrated learning with 7th Grade science curriculum
- Wilderness Adventure at Eagle Landing in New Castle, VA (8th Grade)
- Annual trips to cities such as Boston, New York, Chicago and San Francisco: Trips include visits to local colleges and cultural sites
- Nantahala Adventure: Seniors travel to North Carolina and participate in zip-line, white-water rafting, and paddleboarding activities. See the photo gallery from our recent trip here.
- Europe: Integrated learning with Advanced Placement European History
- Amazon Adventure: Read about this incredible adventure here.
Want to learn more about Extended Trips at Academy?
Read this blog post: The Academy Difference – Extended Trips
Related Article: Beyond the Classroom