We use School and Student Services (SSS) to process our financial aid applications. SSS is a service of the National Association of Independent Schools.
Based on the financial information you provide, SSS gives us an estimated amount that your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps our school make fair and objective financial aid decisions. Financial Aid requests must be renewed annually, as awards are made for one year only.
To begin your financial aid application for the 2013-2014 enrollment year, follow these steps below. You may download a printable summary of the Financial Aid Process here.
Financial Aid Application Procedures
1. Starting on November 1, 2012, go to www.sss.nais.org/parents.
2. Click on the prompt to begin your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). You only need to complete one PFS even if you have several children applying to our school.
3. You will be given a username and password that will allow you to return to your PFS at a later date before submitting it. Your information will be secure.
4. You will be given instructions about submitting backup documents. At Academy at the Lakes, we require your 2012 Income Tax Return along with W-2 and all supporting schedules.
Note: If you apply for financial aid online, your information will be delivered accurately and quickly to our school, allowing us to make a quicker decision about your eligibility for financial aid.
1. If you don’t already have a printed Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS), call our school at (813) 909-7919 or download the PFS form and instruction booklet here.
2. Complete the PFS and return it to School and Student Services by NAIS, Application Processing Center, P.O. Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368-0449 USA.
Download the Parent’s Financial Statement Instruction Booklet here.
Additional forms may be found on the School and Student Services website at: Forms to Download
If you have any questions, please call (800) 344-8328.