Academy at the Lakes leads as a better way to prep for college.
Our college counseling department offers students and their parents extensive, individualized advising in preparation for the college admission process. It is our goal to help each student find the best “fit” for college – academically, socially, and financially. Finding the ideal match means finding a place that helps students fulfill their personal goals for higher education and offers the tools, opportunities, and support for students to successfully take the next step in their lives and careers.
- Our college counseling staff works with our high school students to develop a four-year academic plan and to identify interests and strengths.
- Juniors are provided with a specific education about the college search, application, and financial aid process.
- Seniors receive comprehensive support as they complete and submit college applications and consider decisions throughout senior year.
- Parents and students are invited to a series of seminars led by our college counseling team.
- Parents and students have access to Naviance/Family Connection – an online platform providing resources, communication tools, and college and career collaborative activities. Rising Seniors will use Naviance in their college search and application process, and Ninth-12th Graders will also use components such as self-assessment tools, goal creation, resume building, career exploration and college matching.