Curriculum as unique as your child.
Academy students learn to think, create, adapt, and invent. At Academy, cutting-edge technology combined with hands-on learning experiences allow students to follow their interests and pursue their passions, making important connections from concept, to the classroom, to the community. STEM curriculum includes:
- Lego robotics program beginning in Grade 3.
- STEM Club and award-winning competitive robotics program for Grades 7-12.
- “Maker Space” for students to explore.
- One-to-one tablet/laptop program for Grades 3-12.
- Interactive televisions utilized in all classrooms.
- Semester-long Introduction to Medicine Seminar.
- Weekly field experiences as part of Environmental Science class, including research excursions on our school’s pontoon boat.
- Partnership with Integrated Mathematical Oncology Lab & Moffitt Cancer Center.
- Experiential learning trips to SeaCamp, Peru, the Galapagos Islands and more.
- Month-long internship opportunity in Amazon jungle.
- Opportunities to participate in Science Fair, Invention Convention, MathCounts, Science Olympiad, and Odyssey of the Mind competitions.