Welcome to Summer at the Lakes!
Academy at the Lakes invites all children in the Tampa Bay community to join us this summer for day camp and summer school. We are conveniently located near many of north Tampa’s suburbs, including Land O’Lakes, New Tampa, Lutz, Odessa, Carrollwood, and Wesley Chapel.
Our Summer Camp program includes more than 60 offerings in art, sports, recreation, and enrichment.
We also host Camp Invention®, a nationally recognized one-week long S.T.E.M. enrichment program for students entering grades 2-6. Learn more about the program here.
Our Summer School program offers both noncredit and for-credit courses.
- “Exploration” (noncredit) courses strengthen students’ knowledge and skills in key areas like math, reading, and writing. These courses are specially designed for students entering K-8th grade and 9th-12th grade.
- “Acceleration” courses are for-credit high school courses. Course offerings include math, science, English, foreign language, and more. These courses are for grade replacement or acceleration.
Academy at the Lakes on WFTS Morning Blend (5/17/17)
Summer Program Overview
Summer Day Camp
- Summer at the Lakes is open for 9 weeks this summer from June 5-August 4
- Daily camp hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Extended care is available from 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Campers age 3-rising 9th graders can enroll in either full or half day sessions.
- Summer School hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am- 3pm for K-8th grade students
- All courses are half-day, allowing students to take 1-2 classes per week. Students may also combine a half-day summer school course with a half-day camp session!
- Morning and afternoon sessions are available for Exploration classes
- Summer School hours are Monday-Thursday 8am- 12pm for 9th-12th grade students taking for-credit classes
- Summer School hours are Monday-Thursday 8-11:30am or 12:30-3:30pm (depending on class and week) for 9th-12th grade students taking noncredit classes
Get our 2017 camp brochure!
Download a PDF version of our brochure (Updated)
Download our planning charts here (updated)
CLICK HERE to request a printed copy of our 2017 Summer Camp brochure. Brochures will be mailed at the beginning of March.
If you have any questions, please contact one of our Summer Program directors by email:
About our directors:
Camp Director Barbara Soulé has 29 years of summer camp experience. Barbara’s love of children and her enthusiasm for day camp are evident to all who know her. She has worked in schools for 39 years and has a master’s degree in education.
Camp Director Kelly Rodowsky has been a member of the Academy at the Lakes Upper Division faculty for the past 6 years. Kelly holds a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction with a focus in Educational Leadership. She brings over 20 years of youth programming experience ranging from teaching and retreat planning to summer camps and Scouting.